Dairy-Free Hunny Bread (Makes 1 Small Loaf)
*A sweet, soft and wonderfully moreish tea bread.
225g plain flour (of your choice)
115g caster sugar
115g Sunnybo Hunny
150ml hot water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F. Grease a 450g loaf tin and line it with baking paper.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Warm the Sunnybo Hunny and water in a small pan. Sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda over the water mixture and stir. Pour this over the dry ingredients, add the lemon zest and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 50–60 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and brush the top of the warm bread with Sunnybo Hunny for a nice sticky finish. Cool, then serve thinly sliced.